The Premiere Wear Resistant And Work Hardening New Steel
If you require a steel which is very tough, very hard, very abrasion resistant, easy to process and weld, and is competitively priced then TITUS ENDURA is the answer.
1. Best Wear Resistance of any abrasion resistant plate
- 8 times greater wear than mild steel
- 1 1/2 times greater than conventional 500 BHN steels
2. Ability to “Work Harden” from 470 BHN to 540 BHN
3. Ease of Processing compared to conventional 500 BHN steels
4. Can be Welded with Low Hydrogen Rod providing a major cost saving
5. No pre or post heating required for welding
Due to precise and uniform addition of Nickel, Chrome, and Molybdenum, ENDURA has:
- SUPERIOR WEAR ABILITY
- SUPERIOR WORK-HARDENING
- SUPERIOR WORK ABILITY
- SUPERIOR WELD ABILITY
ENDURA’s unique Micro Structure is uniform and homogenous making it highly abrasion resistant. This is due in part, to the fact that ENDURA is “oil- quenched’ during heat treatment. Conventional AR 500 steels are “water- quenched” resulting in an irregular and distorted micro structure.
ENDURA’s revolutionary T.R.I.P. effect (Transformation Induced by Plasticity) reduces tearing, shearing, and chip removal.
ENDURA Vs AR 500
ENDURA is OIL QUENCHED resulting in a “fine homogenous micro structure” for improved hardness and easier processing. Small and even dispersion of Carbides provides hardness and abrasion resistance Less brittleness and less cracking Homogenous micro structure provides elasticity effect which limits gouging, tearing and shearing. Limited amount of “Unstable or Retained Austenite” reduces chipping and cracking.
AR 500 is WATER QUENCHED resulting in a “course non homogenous microstructure”. Large and uneven dispersion of carbides provides embrittling effect prone to cracking Pockets of “Unstable or Retained Austenite” causes chipping and cracking.
IN SERVICE PERFORMANCE
Endura Premium Wear-resistant & Work-hardening Plate
- Combines sliding abrasion & impact resistance
- Surface work-hardens from 470 to 540 Brinell
- Cut & weld with low-hydrogen rod
- no pre/post heating necessary
- Higher tolerance to high-heat applications
- Out-performs AR400 & AR500
Available in Ultra-thin 4mm up to 3”
- Liners for Chutes, Hoppers, Loader Buckets, truck Beds, Crushers
- Lips & Liners for Shovel Buckets, Drag Line Buckets, Cone Crushers
- Jaw Crusher Cheek Plates
- Transfer Points
- High-heat Application – Cement Plates
- Asphalt Plant Ductwork
- Cutting Edges
- Underground Miners
- Screen Decks, Shaker Screens, Perforated Wear Screens
- Pulp & Paper: Debarkers, Bark Conveyors, Wood Chip-pers, Screens